The new year is around the corner and I hope you’re getting ready to rock it! Here are some rituals you can do to start the new year with good vibes:
1.Let go of people and emotions that do not serve you. Cut selfish or shallow friendships, and end toxic relationships. Write down a list of emotions or habits that do not let you move forward, such as negative thoughts or procrastination. Once you’ve written your list, burn it! This is a nice ritual to do at the beginning or end of the year, but you can do it whenever you feel that you are carrying too much baggage. Let go of that baggage, and start fresh.
2. Do a general cleaning. Clean your desk, and organize your books and notebooks. This will give you more clarity when you’re setting new goals. Clean your pantry, throw away expired products, and fill it with awesome food. Clean up your social media platforms as well. Unfollow negative people and fill your news feeds with positive news. When it comes to your wardrobe, donate old pieces of clothes. Give away clothes that don’t fit you, and get rid of the extra clutter.
3. Fix or end projects. Fix or finish projects that you’ve been delaying for a while. If you decide to continue with a task that’s been stuck for some time, elaborate a plan to execute it during the new year and complete that task. You will have an easier time focusing on your new projects once you know you’ve completed/dismissed your old ones.
4. Write a list of character strengths. Rather than writing a list of New Year’s resolutions, write a list of the character strengths you would like to adopt, such as kindness, spirituality, or gratitude. Think of the habits you’ll need to adopt in order to cultivate those strengths. For example, if you would like to develop more gratitude, start writing in a gratitude journal. Or, if you would like to be more spiritual, start a meditation routine.
5. Write a loving letter. Write a love letter to yourself. Recognize your strengths and victories. Make an apology for the times you weren’t kind to yourself. Make a commitment with yourself that from now on, you’ll treat yourself with love and respect. If you’d like some inspiration, you can read the letter I wrote for myself here.
6. Make a happiness jar. The idea is that every time you feel joy about something, you write it on a piece of paper and put it in a jar. Whenever you feel sad, pick one paper from the jar and read it out loud. This will remind you of the good things in your life and immediately will cheer you up. The last day of the year, open the jar and read all of your papers!
Last but not least, download my FREE eBook. Read through it, and complete the exercises inside. I’ve even included some of the things I’ve mentioned in this post. It is full of inspiration and it will help you make the most of 2018.
I want to see you shine!