I am very happy to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by A Daffodil Blooms, a blog about empowering women to genuinely love themselves. If you’re wondering what the Liebster Award is, it’s a recognition given to new bloggers by other members of the blogging community. I feel very grateful and honored to be recognized as a source of inspiration. Thank you, Paige! I also would like to thank my friends and my partner for always encouraging me to keep writing. They have been a tremendous support.
I started this blog four months ago, which is the result of the combination of two of my passions: my love of writing in English and my passion for motivating others. I truly believe we can live our dream life, and that is why this blog exists. My goal is to inspire others to love every aspect of their lives while sharing my journey of building a happy lifestyle with you. If I’m even able to motivate my readers to take one small step towards making their dreams happen, is already the best reward I could ever ask for.
By accepting this award, I agreed to share some random facts about me to help readers get to know me better. So here they are!
- I was raised in Tuxtepec Oaxaca, Mexico.
- I speak Spanish, English, French, and am currently learning Dutch.
- My favorite English words (and life values) are creativity, gratitude, zest, love, and adventure.
- I love chick flicks. A couple of my faves are How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, and Bride Wars.
- I don’t like living in big cities. I prefer small and cozy cities. However, I love to visit big cities and can’t wait to travel to London and New York.
- I love coffee. I cannot start working without it.
- I’m passionate about cooking. I often organize cooking clubs with friends.
- My favorite food: Mexican and Indian.
- I am a Beachbody junkie, and have completed many rounds of Insanity and T25.
- I am in the process of writing my first book!
In A Daffodil Blooms post, I was also asked to answer some questions about myself:
What is your nickname and why? Bruja Cósmica (Cosmic Witch). Some people call me bruja because I’ve got some witchy powers. Nah, it’s because that’s what Janis Joplin, my favorite singer, used to be called. But you can just call me Jess or Jessi, short for Jessica.
Favorite TV show and character? Orphan Black – Cosima. I absolutely love this Netflix series and I highly recommend it to anyone out there. It has it all – action, sex, clones, and Tatiana Maslany, who is just amazing. But let me warn you … you’ll want to binge watch this one. My favorite character is Cosima because she is fun, intelligent, and strong, a really badass woman, bam!
What is your favorite season and why? All of them! There are five seasons and I love them all! Have I already mentioned how awesome this series is? Tip: this is a good series to watch with your boyfriend. It will totally have you both hooked.
Favorite thing to write about? Manifestation and getting things done.
What is your favorite thing to pin or like on Pinterest? Relationship advice, spirituality, and wedding stuff (I’ve got a secret board for this last one).
Are you Team Jess, Dean, or Logan and why? Hmm since I’m Jess myself, I’ll go for team Jess!
As part of accepting the Liebster Award, I have to pass it on to other bloggers. Here are some bloggers I would like to recognize:
Fabulous Mondays. If you feel stuck in life and don’t know what your calling is yet, this girl will guide you through.
The Art of Now. I absolutely love her illustrations and writing; both are very inspiring.
Stacy Karyn. Looking for dating advice? Stacy is an expert on this topic, and her blog contains so much valuable information.
Mindful Curvy Life. Her posts are very inspiring. She writes on mindfulness, self-care, and creating good habits to live your best life.
Beautiful Dawn Designs. I love the blogging tips and resources she provides, plus a great dose of motivation.
Here are the rules for accepting this award
- Take the time to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story how your blog started.
- Provide ten random facts about yourself.
- Answer the below questions in your post.
- Select 5-10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog. Let them know you have nominated them, and provide the link to the post you created.
This is how we as a community can help new bloggers grow and support each other.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your definition of success?
- What are your top three life values?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Name your favorite inspirational book.
If you have been nominated by me, and accept this award, I would love to read your post. Share your link with your response in the comments below!